How is State Farm Car Insurance Company, Quotes, Rates, and Discounts? What are Professionals and real customers of State Farm car insurance reviews, pros and cons? Is it a good choice?
State Farm is currently the largest private auto insurance company in the United States. It has a proven history of customer service since 1922. A wide variety of other insurance and financial products are also sold at State Farm agents. If you are looking for a wide range of products and a reliable brand, State Farm may be the best car insurance company that is fit for you.
In 2021, State Farm received A.M.’s highest and best score (A++) for financial stability for an insurance company. They also received AA from S&P Global Ratings, which refers to the company’s financial strength and ability to pay claims on time. State Farm is a well-known insurance company. But just because it has a big name among companies doesn’t mean it will be chosen for all types of car insurance. Because despite its various discounts, State Farm may offer higher premiums than other car insurance companies. Later in the article, we’ll examine the pros and cons of choosing State Farm auto insurance. so we’ll help you decide if it’s best for you.
Drive safe and save reviews
State Farm Drive Safe and Save is a program that offers discounts on car insurance based on your driving habits. It uses either a mobile app and a Bluetooth beacon, or a connected car device, to track and score your driving behavior. The program is free to enroll and promises a discount for all participants, regardless of their performance. However, the program also monitors your phone usage, driving time, and braking patterns, which may affect your privacy and battery life. Here are some reviews of the program from different sources:
TIME gives a positive review of the program, highlighting its generous discounts of up to 50% for some drivers and 30% for most. It also notes that the program will never result in a surcharge to your premium, unlike some other usage-based programs. However, it warns that the program may drain your phone battery and raise privacy concerns, as it continuously tracks your driving data.
ValuePenguin also praises the program for its high discounts and guarantee of savings for all users. It compares the program with other usage-based programs from national insurers and finds that State Farm Drive Safe and Save has the most generous offer. However, it points out that the program factors more behaviors into your driving score than other programs, such as driving during rush hour and phone usage, which may lower your discount or discourage some drivers from participating.
Reddit has a mixed review of the program from a user who shares their personal experience with the app and beacon. The user complains that the program penalizes them for coasting down to a lower speed limit instead of braking abruptly, and for using GPS while driving. The user also questions the accuracy of the app and beacon, as they sometimes fail to record trips or register false trips. The user concludes that the program is not worth the hassle and the potential loss of privacy.
State Farm Car Insurance pros and cons
Pros – What are the benefits of State Farm?
- Largest auto insurer in the country
- Strong overall customer service and policy renewal scores
- Great average rates when adding a teen driver to a policy.
- Discounts for bundling insurance products
- Established insurance company
- Wide selection of customizable coverage options (auto, home, life, and more)
- Easy-to-use website and mobile app
- Extensive coverage options for all vehicles and drivers
- Numerous discounts are offered, including two programs — one for safe driving and the other for young drivers.
- Transparent pricing and billing
- Often the cheapest car insurance provider in many states
- All of the amenities, 24/7 service, and coverage you would expect from America’s largest car insurance company
- Highly rated customer satisfaction in home, life, and best renters insurance
- Terrific rates for folks with an accident or speeding ticket on their records.
- Has decent rates for drivers with a DUI and will file SR-22 forms for those who must have them.
- A low level of complaints filed with state departments about car insurance.
- Many discounts for teens and students
- Generous rental car and travel expenses coverage.
Cons – What are the disadvantages of State Farm?
- More complaints than average
- Lack of discounts for long-term customers
- Doesn’t offer gap insurance.
- Not taking new customers in Massachusetts or Rhode Island
- Higher rates for drivers with poor credit
- If you want coverage options such as accident forgiveness, new car replacement, or a vanishing deductible you’ll have to look elsewhere.
- Average repair service: Car claim repairs can be done using non-original parts
- Biased expertise: You can only buy insurance from the company directly or through its captive agents trying to sell their products
- May not be the best option in all states for all drivers
- Does not offer mechanical breakdown insurance
State Farm car insurance quotes 2023-2024
State Farm is one of the most affordable major car insurance companies in the USA. Quotes of State Farm car insurance offers an average rate of $44 per month for a minimum-liability policy, and $109 for full coverage in 2023-2024, 26% below the national average. But in some states, State Farm auto insurance quotes are above the country average, for example in California car insurance quotes for 2024 start at $52 for minimum-liability policy and $192 for full coverage.
If you have a driving accident and you fall into the bad driver category, State Farm car insurance quotes for minimum liability are $122 on the Ticket, $136 on the accident, and $299 for a DUI. Still well below the national average. How Tickets and DUI affect car insurance rates.
State Farm Car Insurance is the cheapest widely available and accessible insurer in most states. In some states, a small, local company or affiliate could offer you the least expensive car insurance. For example, the Farm Bureau has the cheapest insurance in Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, and Nebraska. But if you are looking for a reliable and nationwide car insurance company, State Farm offers the cheapest yet reliable car insurance offer in the following states:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee Texas, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Drivers with State Farm can enroll in programs such as Drive Safe & Save to turn good driving habits into affordable quotes. You can also qualify for a range of discounts, including an accident-free discount, multicar discount, and anti-theft discount.
Is it the most expensive insurance?
State Farm may have the most expensive car insurance quotes in some states, such as California. But it offers the cheapest car insurance quotes in almost half of the states, if we factor in the stable condition of the State Farm insurance company and its presence in all states, it offers very reasonable quotes and rates.
Settling a Claim- is State Farm good at paying claims?
State Farm car insurance says that they pay to repair, replace, or furnish the agreed upon actual cash value of your property, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy. About 60% of State Farm customers say they are completely satisfied with the ease of making a claim and its resolution. While this percentage is above average overall, State Farm is a below-average paying insurer in personal injury cases. Additionally, State Farm sometimes rejects requests, delays payments, and prolongs issues that need to be resolved quickly
The biggest secret that anyone who has been in a car accident should know right now is State Farm, like any insurance company, will want to pay you as little as possible. This is not a personal issue, it is the way Insurance companies make money. So what can you do in this case, and how can you get compensation for your real loss in this difficult situation despite the premiums you have paid in full for years?
1- Gather Evidence for car insurance Claim
Immediately after the accident, start taking pictures of your car, the other car, the intersection, and the other driver’s license and insurance card. You may even want to take a photo of the other driver. In fact, keep a notebook and pen by the driver’s seat so you can quickly jot down a license plate number.
Get contact information if there are witnesses. Get a police report if possible. Even if you think the accident was your fault, don’t tell anyone. Do not sign any documents other than your police or agent.
State Farm and many insurance companies have mobile apps that make it easy to post photos and the next process. Download that application to your phone beforehand and create a profile. In case of an accident, use the app or call your insurance company agent.
2- Find the right repair location
Find the right repair location. You can usually use any body shop, but most insurers prefer stores that work directly with surveyors and guarantee their work. It’s always good to get quotes from several different places to make sure there is consistency. If you have rental car insurance, your insurer will pay at least part of the cost of the rental car during the repair process.
If the car is pert, the State Farm usually pays the car’s “real cash value” (the market value of a car in its age and condition). The insurer will send you a check for this value or pay the financing company if you have a loan then send you the additional money. In the case of another car, requests can get complicated and take longer, often up to 60 days. Even if the accident insurer decides who is at fault, the final payment may be delayed. This process can take from 10 days to a year.
3- How to fight with State Farm Vehicle insurance company
If the insurer is reducing repair costs, ask your workshop to provide a detailed estimate of what needs to be fixed. If that doesn’t work, find out if the policy has an “evaluation clause” where a third party reviews your body shop’s and insurer’s evaluation and agrees on a number. Additionally, your representative can assist with delayed claims. you may have a claim in your Lifetime, but they do it every day. The state insurance agency can also explain your rights and mobilize insurance companies.
State Farm Car Insurance Reviews
Positive State Farm Car Insurance Reviews
- Recently, I was hit in my driveway by a vehicle coming down the road. I placed a claim as soon as I could and have received constant updates and support throughout the whole ordeal. It’s been a really good experience and as a new driver, I appreciate the support I have been shown.
- State Farm Insurance has been there for me since I came to Canada and since I started driving, they’re so reliable, and their respect and care for their customers is very satisfying. Tina is amazing she really is there for everyone and her respect and remembrance of her clients is amazing. I appreciate your hard work and effort. State farm insurance thank you.
- I had previous experience with other companies such as Royal Insurance and my rates went up every year, despite the fact that I had never had a claim. In my first year with State Farm, I got a rebate. When we had a problem, our agent was easy to get a hold of, and he handled everything for us.
- In my experience with the claims department, claims are handled quickly and professionally.
- The rate is very good. Well serviced by the agent when I have questions.
- Very great customer service and good for first-time drivers. I would recommend to anyone willing to get first-time insurance.
State Farm Car Insurance Negative Reviews
- I was hit by someone insured by State Farm and they are essentially giving me the run around in order to avoid paying repairing the damage their insured driver did to my vehicle. I had a police report filed that clearly has the driver admitting fault and getting 2 citations for it, but they are claiming they need to determine liability. It should be an open-and-shut case. They are not a good company to work with. This situation should’ve been resolved.
- I recently bought a truck that had a small lowering kit, called State Farm and they told me I had to submit pictures of all sides so I did, went back the next day and they told me that they couldn’t insure it because it was too narrow dynamic and that resulted in a faster acceleration rate. Work on a vehicle all the time never once heard of something so ridiculous didn’t even ask what size motor or anything. Very uneducated and will do anything to save money.
- I called to get a car quote. First, a man answered, he sounded nice. He said that he would transfer me to some lady. That lady had a bit of attitude but she was alright. She asked a few questions and then said, I will call you back shortly with some details. It has been 2 weeks now, no call. 0/5 stars.
- The company wants you to die before they pay an injury claim. Get a lawyer…They only want your money.
State Farm Auto Insurance Reviews Part 2
Positive State Farm Auto Insurance Reviews Part 2
- I’ve been with State Farm for 20 years only because of my agent. She’s great. Had to deal with the company once, they were cold and rude, called my agent and she dealt with them. They currently have dropped our car insurance due to 2 at-fault auto claims in 2 years, these were done by 2 different drivers in the house, they gave us a choice, take your son off the insurance and we’ll keep you on. They wouldn’t even consider any other options. Then their high-risk agent gave us a quote of $9,000 a year for 2 drivers and had other quotes come in at around $4,500 a year. Will be moving all 3 of our household drivers over to another company as well as our property insurance, only keeping life insurance and investments with our agent, because, truly, she is the best, if she leaves, all of our business goes….
- Friendly responsive and professional. Have handled insurance issues while traveling in the USA and the local agent there treated me as their own customer. Very happy though premiums may be slightly higher than other companies.
- Questions and requests have always been addressed promptly. Recent auto claims and service were satisfactory – thorough, and prompt.
- Insurance Coverage costs seem excessive due to my age, the value of my automobile, and my driving record compared to our previous policies. The agent however was courteous, apologetic, and efficient.
- Prices were fair but not the best possible. Any claims I had were handled very professionally and efficiently.
- I loved Statefarm, it was a small office and felt like family. When I was in an accident they were so good and took care of everything. When I bought a new car they wanted to increase my rate so I found a new one.
State Farm Auto Insurance Negative Reviews Part 2
- Please do yourself a favor and stay away from State Farm Auto Insurance at all costs. And, every day pray to God that someone who is covered by State Farm does not hit you! State Farm pulls out all types of magic and tricks to avoid paying when their clients are liable. Their adjusters vanish, they make up stories, and they even let their clients get sued and lose in court.
- You need to call a million times in order to cancel the insurance, plus the rate is pretty high, and customer service is so bad, that I will tell everyone I know to stay away from this insurance company.
- WORST experience in my entire life. Completely disorganized, liars, misleading! STAY AWAY from State Farm. You can find better insurance without hidden lies.
- Worst company I have ever seen. I have to follow up with each and every step for my claim. They don’t care what situation you are in… They take their time no matter how serious the situation is… Don’t recommend it to anyone.
- Was given a secure price for auto insurance. I cancelled my current insurance in order to accept State Farm but once I submitted the required documentation to them they doubled the price!
- Worst company ever, there’s a reason they have so many bed reviews. They lie and tell you something different every time you call. They overcharge and oversell. Try to tell you have to have best life insurance so you buy more forgetting to tell you the true reason is they are on commission.
- I have very bad experience having a claim with State Farm. They didn’t pay the claim even though I had the video of the accident and suggested I go to the Court.
Is State Farm a good insurance company for 2014?
State Farm is one of the largest insurance companies in the United States. According to NerdWallet, State Farm is a popular insurer with fewer complaints than other large competitors. They offer numerous discounts including two programs for safe driving and young drivers. They also have generous rental car and travel expenses coverage. State Farm has a customer satisfaction rating for buying auto insurance that is better than average according to J.D. Power.